Monday, September 28, 2015

Marriage Life: Wedding Proposal

On February 17th, boyfriend (now husband) proposed to me. It was sweet and cute in the same time. He thought that I didn't know what he is planning to do. I was nervous. Because I have been hinting so many things to him about my ideal proposal. I was hoping he could pull it off the way I want it to be. I am very perfectionist when it comes to romance. I have several scenarios in mind;

Scenario 1

I have watched a scene in Indian movie called Dostana where John Abraham cooked dinner for the Priyanka and watch Kuch-Kuch Hota Hai in a big screen while sitting in a mat then they dance the same time Shahrukh asks Kajol to dance with him under the rain. I was hoping it would be like that. That was one of my scenario.
What I had in mind, scenario number 1

Scenario 2

He would invite my close friends, have some people ready to take picture and video of him proposing to me in the fanciest restaurant while it plays my favorite song from Brian McKnight 'Rest of My Life' while wearing his best outfit.

Here is actually what happened when he proposed to me that day.

17th February, we had dinner in a restaurant in Grand Indonesia East Mall, Ninety Nine Resto,
Before dinner, husband took me to Apple store in the same floor. He knew I have been wanting to buy Macbook for a long time since my old computer is getting to old. He bought me Macbook Air and I was super happy. At this point, it is already clear he was bribing me so I would say yes. hihihi

After we finished our meal, he took my hand and asked me to look around in the restaurant. When we were inside a room, he suddenly sang 'Tujhe Dekha to yeh janaa sanam" from Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge soundtrack. The bartender stop shaking the drink and kept watching us. The other waiter has joined him. Fortunately the restaurant was empty. I could feel my cheek turned red and hot when he asked me to sing my line which i remember with my heart. But hell no, I would not sing bollywood song in front of stranger. So, he gave up forcing me to sing. He kneeled down and asked me to marry him 'Suci Fitriany, will you marry me!?' he said in his trembling voice. Never before I have seen him trembling and so nervous like this. He should know that I wanted to marry him yet he is still nervous and worried. My heart beats faster and with giggly smile I said yes. I was really really shy from all the bartender, waiter, bush boy watching us singing to bollywood song. We headed out from the restaurant and took this picture in front of the apartment instead.

Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge will remind my most favorite movie of all time. Now for another different reason, I will always remember this movie. He memorized the line from the song for weeks with the help of his work mate in India.
Fyi, this movie was played in a cinema in India for 1000 weeks since 1995 till 2014. Probably still running in cinema till now. The everlasting and one of the best romance movie ever made. I have watched this movie countless time.
If you have never watch this movie, I really recommended this one. If you ever like Kuch-Kuch Hota Hai, it is the more reason to watch this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment